Give to PPA
Through your generous donations, the PPA helps support students in all stages of their education journey, from primary to university levels. We support STEM programs in many elementary schools through funding of the Polymer Ambassadors and Society of Plastics Engineers’ Plastivan programs. Both programs provide hands-on training and education about the benefits of plastics to society.
At the University level, we provide numerous scholarships to students that are pursuing degrees (both 2 year & 4 year programs) with the intent of working in the plastics industry. Your donations support the next generation of talented people that will sustain the plastics industry in the future.
Ways to Give**
- Give by mail. You can mail your check made out to Plastics Pioneers Association, c/o Cathy Connell, 3900 Dayton Street, McHenry, IL 60050.
- Wills & Trusts. One of the easiest and most flexible ways to leave a lasting impact is with a gift made though your will or living trust.
- Benefits of a bequest include:
- an estate tax charitable deduction
- reduced burden of taxes on your family.
- a lasting legacy to PPA
- How a gift from your will or trust works
- With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or PPA as part of your estate plan, or you can make a gift using a beneficiary designation form.
- Ways to leave a gift to PPA
- Include a gift to PPA in your will or revocable trust
- Designate PPA as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or pension)
- Name PPA as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
- a POD (Pay on Death) or TOD (Transfer on Death) naming PPA on your bank and investment accounts.
- These bequests can all be made as a percentage amount, specific amount, or residual amount of your assets or estate.
- After you have set up the will or trust designating PPA as the beneficiary, please contact our Investment Committee to inform them of the decision. Questions and information should be directed to Steve Hoenig, Investment Chair, PPA, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Benefits of a bequest include:
- Amazon Smile: As you shop online through Amazon, you can give back to PPA by designating it as your charity of choice to receive funding. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to PPA. You do not have to pay any extra charges, but shop as you normally do. It is part of Amazon’s commitment to give back. Learn more here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201365360
- Qualified Charitable Distribution: A QCD is a tax-efficient way to make charitable donations. It is a direct transfer from an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to a charity, and it is available only to IRA owners and IRA beneficiaries who are age 70½ or older. The QCD limit is large, and they can be done in excess of the required minimum distribution amount. Each IRA owner is permitted up to $100,000 in QCDs annually. Spouses are allowed $100,000 each, but they cannot share the total.
- Endowment: Through our Education Committee, create a one-time or ongoing donation in honor of or in memory of a family member or member of PPA. Questions should be directed to Lance Neward, Education Chair, PPA, at email@example.com
** PPA is exempt from federal income tax as described in section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. For state and local taxes in your area, please consult with your tax attorney or estate planner.